Friday, August 18, 2017

Thoughts On Healing Left/Right Brain and Verbal/Non-Verbal Splits

For some reason today I've been thinking a lot about my youngest years, infancy to about 4 years old.
Many people say that they don't remember being a baby but I have a handful memories I'm certain are
from the ages of 2 to 3.

I'll share one and then roll it into the insight that it gave me. Around the age of 2 or 3, still in the crib,
I recall feeling some anxiety and couldn't really pinpoint the source. I remember very vividly in my mind
knowing that my parents were still up in the living room and that they would come for me if I cried or
screamed. On an emotional level I was debating with myself whether to call for them or just deal with
my anxiety until I fell asleep.

Well, screaming out for mom and dad won. My mouth opened and the cry echoed through the house in a way
that felt very detached from my body. I could hear the sound but couldn't believe it was coming out of
*me*. My father came in, picked me up, and sat me down with him and mom to watch football. I had never
seen a football game or football players before and thought that they were some type of robot.

I'm guessing now that I must have been 2 or 3 because I did have the language skills to know what
a robot was and say something about it to them. Still, the decision making process I went through
in my mind prior to deciding to call out to them seems, at least in memory, as if I possessed more
insight and knowledge within my senses than one would expect for that age. This is not to say I'm
'special' somehow, just that I'm thinking a lot about how people view children in terms of language
development alone while their internal reasoning states remain a mystery.

So, this is the insight that I had. In terms of splitting, and especially splitting in MK Ultra,
there are numerous reasons for creating left and right brain splits. I feel like what I experienced
is a good example of the reason why. My emotional and non-verbal reasoning were present on a more
developed level as a child. It was the learning of language (intentionally interfered with by the
program in a specific way) that helped create a barrier between perception, feeling and reality.

This makes sense when you think about the fact that people assign a lot of meaning and weight at
times to words, verbal logic, etc while devaluing the right brained emotional core. I more and more
believe that our *non-verbal* core is our source of insight and healing so long as we can reconnect
the left and right hemispheres in a way that allows for clearer expression of our experiences, moods,
beliefs, reactions..really anything that we want to open our mouths about.

This is especially true when working through amnesia. There have been times when my words to myself
and others about what I'm thinking and feeling *seem* accurate but aren't quite hitting the mark.
Yet, once trauma memories are recovered and the whole situation put into context, I'm finding that
my words are gaining a new power, clarity and accuracy. I KNOW what to say because I know what I
FEEL and also can hear what I'm THINKING about what I'm thinking and feeling. I can sit back and
watch the interplay between the two. I suppose this is similar to CBT and DBT modes of psychotherapy
except I'm practicing it on myself. Let's call it "the observing ego" with a brand new dictionary.

Can this way of working help other survivors? I believe that it can. I believe there is always
useful information present any time one is feeling out of sorts or at odds in terms of mood or
body sensations or both relative to how they *wish* they were feeling, what they wished they
were able to think about instead. If you get very quiet in this type of state you'll often
realize there are two currents: a feeling stream and a thought stream. When the two don't match
it's one of the main reasons for feeling overwhelmed, confused, moody, you name it.

I know it's easy to say with it and sometimes not so easy to do it. In that case, you may want
to try "moving with it" or finding a distraction. When I'm processing something nonverbally and
waiting for the right words to describe it, I usually listen to or play music, surf Facebook, play
with my dog, play with a fidget spinner, do housework, etc. It's important to be in the moment even
if you need a distraction. You could be, say, mopping the floor and think "I'm mopping but I'm still
aware of this uncomfortable feeling, but at least I am no longer sitting down and dwelling aimlessly
on it."  You may not get the insight you're looking for right away but if you keep moving and adding
variety to your day as you process things, it will get you there faster 99% of the time.

As always, though, some days are just crap. On those days, it's just as effective to do nothing
and ask yourself every hour or two "Do I want to continue vegging out or am I ok now?" Sometimes
we all need a little lazy holiday and some self care. Sometimes even a few hours of it will bring
back energy for the rest of the day. And when that doesn't happen? I've learned that there is
usually something phsyical going on, and that's normal, too. The only thing that can make it feel
better or worse are the thoughts I'm having about it.

3 comments:

  1. this is good stuff. Its good to log memory work like this, these thought flows build within as well, when you have written down you can then go back and add more, i don't write eveything down, but i do a lot of mind mapping in cycles, then often things get left for days, months and sometimes even years before more pieces of the puzzle are uncovered and added, i have found the missing pieces can be the most obvious details i overlooked. Different altars hold different keys though to... when we are so compartmentalised we can't access all the details we need all at once, we can't force the process. Healing used to feel so painfully slow, but somewhere along the road that changed, and times flies now even when not much changes really it is. The kinder we can be with ourselves and more self forgiving the faster we then heal, i have chillled out with my self so much this last few years i look back and barely recognise the person i was prior to now... i used to be full of love and patience for everyone else but lacking in almost everything but the need for speed and harshness for myself, i was the force holding back my recorvery, so well programmed in self neglect i had no clue i was doing myself a dis service, one rule for me, and another for everyone else.... this is preprogrammed behaviour designed so well many never break it or even realise it is there in the first place. As soon as i recognised within myself this flaw in my ways i realised this is not just me, its most of us, if we can all overcome the self neglect drummed into us and replace it with self love and nurturing care, then the rest will start to slot into place to... I am so thankful i clicked on as this missing piece that took me over 30 years to find, once it started to come, changed everything for me, and for others i knew to. I just love healing when things click into place, as part of the human condition is how once we get it everything changes for us, for all the hardships and struggles still in place once time has been mastered as working for us not against us, everything else becomes easier to. Self loving and feeling has stopped the internal clock ticking and enabled me to be able to just be, and breath in ways i never thought possible before, i reckon it took me about 35 years to finally be able to relax in my own skin, maybe longer, I was addicted to pain killers because they enabled me to switch off within, they gave me a false sense of peace, a big lie that was there until the truth could be gained...!!!

    We heal and grow, and everything changes, imagine how we will be in few more years to come to? All this now will seem forever away, for that is the nature of our journeys. Despite all the pains and hell's we lived, it never ceases to take my breath away when i stop and think back to where we were before verses where we are now today... and where we will be sometime tomorrow in our future selves to.

    Your blogs great i love reading it :) keep up the good work :) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was going to edit the above but i can't see that option... so spellings and grammar shall stay leaving much to be desired, however i wanted to share the thought flow that came from reading your entry here because as i read i could feel allsorts of emotions gushing out from within, its in my experiences not to reread straight away if i am sharing like this as if i do often i could end up deleting huge chunks or maybe even the whole lot, so i wanted to hit enter before i could bottle out of sharing the thoughts that had sprung to mind. Self critical altars lay there trying to jump forth to sabotage otherwise perfectly valid thoughts flowing forth... self love helps over ride yet it can be easier said than done when keeping up writings that trigger vulnerability within. Ironically its much easier for me to speak on camera than it is for me to share to much in writing, i am not sure why as one would expect it to be the other way round, If i was writing annoymously i could share tons, but to do so and feel safe it would mean hiding everything possible to avoid being exposed and then baring open my heart in thought flows such as above. .. Maybe one day, but its unlikely, i feel lazy on good computer anonymous living, and therefore try embrace sharing overtly with my name attached instead. If i was going to start speaking out afresh now i would keep my ID secret and never share my real name or face... once we do its nigh on impossible to go back, i don't regret my journey at all, but having lived what i have as a direct side effect of sharing my true identity its likely i would make slightly different choices if reliving the last few years that have come to pass... hindsight serves as a gift if we use it wisely and not as a self punishment took to create further trauma and abuse.. the way that handlers teach us to self handle is not spoken about nearly as much as it should be, i am glad to see you writing about it in your entries here... Your blog and healing is needed for people interested in deprogramming and healing, as well as mind control and layering to learn from and read. Svali is the writer similar to yourself, you are a modern day Svali, and very much needed for survivors to read, learn and grow from to bring themselves more up to date on the gap in generational programming and cult deprogramming. :)) .

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you shared that. I go through the same thing! So many times I've written things that make me feel vulnerable and then either delete or have to calm myself down if I do end up sharing. That has slowly been getting better over time but I know it's definitely one of the prices we've paid in life from being silenced for so long.

    ReplyDelete