Monday, December 18, 2017

Sight, Sound and Memory Expiriments: Pt.2

The C.I.A. agents who handled me were also researchers. They were interested in synesthesia and eidetic memory and possible links between the two. I can guess from my own experience that at least one application of their experiments is a silent communication system between agents. A friend reminded me the other day of the word they use for this: "flashing".  If you're being interviewed (ahem, interrogated) they will ask "What are you flashing on?"

Soon after this friend mentioned this to me I started to recover some fragments of one of my handlers asking me this through a series of questions. For example, and I almost feel like I've got to be making this up because it's ridiculous, I was asked "Where do you think the blueprints are stored? What do you flash on?" "They're in a vault at Prince's house."  "Prince is not blue, he's purple."  "No, Prince is black, his clothes are purple."  "Exactly. That's all for now."

So right away we have some type of encrypted message which I assume I only hold a part of through the color codes and word play. This is something they are very fond of and I can see how an operative with synesthesia might be ideal as a courier.  I know that both in my mind's eye when my eyes are closed and even when open that I have a lot of random information stored. Letters, numbers, diagrams, pictures, videos, logic sequences, silent directives, you name it.  

I can remember an experiment they did to 'upload' some of this information into me. One of my handlers had thought a lot about the visual field and how what we see with our eyes often leaves an after-image when we close them. The effect is stronger and longer lasting when the image is high-contrast. She developed a computer program that was like a screensaver that showed a set of shapes she'd chosen as faint, white images floating on a pitch black screen. I can remember having to watch them while under a combo of drugs and hypnosis.  

I'm flashing on what looks like two separate memories about this. I can see myself sitting next to her in front of the computer monitor. The shapes are floating by and she's explaining something to me about it but I can't recall that just yet. In fact, I think she said that to me as 'an order'.  In a second memory, it seemed they had some kind of virtual reality headset type thing that could display the same information and I had to lay on my bed while wearing it.  But I know that they had my mom stand there and ask about what I was seeing, so it may be they just had something on me that mimicked having my eyes closed and I had to stare into that and tell them if I could see the shapes previously 'burnt in' by the computer monitor.  

I'm not sure at this point whether there were other sessions or whether what she did actually became something my brain learned to do with color images all on its own. I think I tend towards the latter.  All I know is that when I close my eyes there is always a flurry of these white, silhouetted images of shapes like rectangles and squares to begin. If I pay attention to it I start to get a very rapid and ephemeral series of other images: letters, numbers, buildings, random horse racing across my mind's eye in white and gold. Sometimes they flash and fade other times they float at different angles as they fade. What's interesting, though, is that *faces* of people are always in color. I don't know who it is I'm seeing but I do get flashes of unknown faces at times. 

Well, this post has written itself in a way I didn't expect. I had intended to talk a bit more about their use of music and art in programming; however, those topics may illuminate what's going on better if I write about them from a different perspective. You the reader will be able to fill in some gaps yourself and understand the programming intuitively if you study these last three blog posts. That's all for now! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Very interesting.
    Makes me wonder about "flashes" of almost like videos of places I saw that as far as I know I haven't been to...do also see images of things after closing my eyes.

    Definitely gives me more to think about. THANKS.

    ReplyDelete